Subscribe to the Free Spirit Blog
Search the blog:
- Bullying Prevention & Conflict Resolution
- Character Education
- Counselor's Corner
- Early Childhood
- Educational Technology
- Elementary Angle
- Free Spirit News
- Gifted Education
- Learning Disabilities
- Professional Development
- Service Learning & Volunteerism
- Social & Emotional Learning
- Teaching Strategies
- How Can We Create Gender-Inclusive Classrooms and Communities?
- Enter to Win Books for Bullying Prevention Month!
- Creating an Inclusive and Welcoming Preschool Classroom
- Is It Teasing or Bullying?
- The Power of Empathy During Bullying Prevention Month
- Empowering Underrepresented Gifted Students: The Tale of Super Hani
- Supporting Twice-Exceptional Students: A Q&A from Emily Kircher-Morris
- 13 Quick Conversation Starters for Meaningful Student Mental Health Check-Ins
- 10 Ways Teachers Can Create a Positive Learning Environment
- If I Could Change Something About Our Schools . . .
- 10 Inexpensive Ideas for DIY Fidget Toys
- 10 Scenarios to Get Kids Talking About Bullying
- Build a Sense of Belonging in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Repairing Harm and Building Community: PBIS and Restorative Practices Framework
- Road Trip Riddles for Long-Distance Laughs
Category Archives: Character Education
Decision-making skills are important. Use these nine scenarios with students to spark conversation, reflection, and, hopefully, better choices. You’re walking through the school hallway when you hear some friends saying mean things about a classmate. You feel uncomfortable hearing such … Continue reading
This giveaway is now closed. This month we’re giving away all three books in the Real Kids, Real Stories series. The books include true stories featuring young people overcoming adversity to achieve great things, making a difference around the world, and … Continue reading